- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, wrap the sweet potato n foil and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel and mash – you should have about 1 cup of mashed sweet potato. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add sweet potato, almond butter and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add almond meal, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Coat an 8-by-8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dump batter into the pan; it will be thick, so use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs, chocolate chips or nuts, if you like. Bake until set and starting to pull away from the edges, 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting into 16 pieces.