Makes- 7 servings
Total Time- Prep: 20 min. + Bake: 45 min.
- 7 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 oz. fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups of meatless spaghetti sauce, divided (I use Victoria OR Pomi sauce)
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until done. Add garlic’ cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove from the heat, cool for 10 minutes.
- Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stir the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and salt into meat mixture. Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in a greased 13X9 in. baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with about 1/4 cup meat mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover’ bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165 degrees.