Makes 4 servings
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 Cup plain yogurt (whole or low-fat)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1b boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 6 broccoli stems
- 2 Jonagold, Jonathan or Pink Lady apples
- Roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve avocado, and remove pit. Scoop flesh into a blender.Add lemon juice and zest, yogurt, honey and salt, and blend untilsmooth. Dressing will be thick. Add 2 Tablespoons of water ormore if you desire dressing to be more of a drizzling consistency.Set aside, and reserve used lemon rind.
- Place chicken broth (or water) into the bottom of a large skillet,and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add garlic and reservedlemon. Add chicken, and simmer on medium-low for 10-12 minutes,turning chicken halfway through. Remove chicken when an instantread thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 165degrees, and transfer to a cutting board. Slice evenly. Discard lemonand garlic, and save broth to make soup another night.
- Peel tough outer layer from broccoli stems, and discard. Shavetender stems into strips using a vegetable peeler. Divide among plates.Slice apples into 1/8 inch wedges, and divide over plates. Add chicken,and top with sunflower seeds, crumbled goat cheese and dressing.Best served the same day the dressing is prepared.