INGREDIENTS (8 items):
- Yellow tuna steaks
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Baby bok choy
- Snap peas
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Carrots and red cabbage
- Coconut aminos with ginger
- Prep Veggies: Remove woody stems from shiitake mushrooms (tender stems are fine). Cut caps into about 1/4 inch wide strips. Halve baby bok choy lengthwise. Rinse to remove any dirt between layers. Lay flat and cut across into about 1/2 inch wide ribbons; discard root end. Remove any fibrous strings from snap peas. Cut in half at an angle.
- Toast Cashews: Roughly chop a small amount of cashews. Place in a dry large saute pan over medium high heat. Toast for about 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan frequently. Transfer nuts to cutting board. Sauté Mushrooms Heat about 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a pan used for cashews over medium high heat. Add mushrooms to hot pan; stir, lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Veggies: Add bok choy, snap peas, and carrots and red cabbage to pan with mushrooms. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until veggies soften, stirring occasionally.
- Finish Veggies: Add coconut aminos with ginger and 2-3 tbsp. of water to pan with veggies. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until sauce reduces by half, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add most of the cashews. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Season Tuna Meanwhile, spread back and white sesame seeds out on a plate. Pat yellowfin tuna steaks dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Press both sides of tuna into sesame seeds to coat. Discard any excess seeds.
- Cook Tuna: Heat about 1 Tbsp. cooking oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat, add tuna to hot pan. Sear 2-3 minutes on each side, or until tuna is fully cooked (or to desired doneness).
- Plate Your Dish: Cut sesame crusted tuna into 6-8 slices each. Divide sautéed veggies between plates. Fan tuna over top. Fan tuna over top. Sprinkle with remaining cashews. Enjoy!