- 1 package tempeh
- 1 tbsp. of pomegranate molasses
2 tbsp. lite balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. agave Fresh dill
- 2 scallions
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. non fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbs. of fat free mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 7 oz. green beans
- 2 oz. baby spinach
- PREP THE TEMPEH Cut the tempeh into small triangles. In a medium bowl, add the pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, tamari, agave, and olive oil spray. Whisk to combine, then add the tempeh triangles, tossing well. Marinate for 15 minutes, tossing tempeh every so often.
- MARINATE Rinse and dry the produce. Chop the dill fronds. Thinly slice the scallions. In a medium bowl, add the scallions and chopped dill, juice from half the lemon, and lightly spray with oil while seasoning with salt and pepper and mix well.
- MAKE THE GARLIC SAUCE Add the yogurt and mayonnaise to a small bowl. Peel and, using a microplane, grate the 1 garlic clove into the bowl. Add the juice from remaining lemon half. Whisk garlic sauce until smooth.
- COOK THE GREEN BEANS Trim the green beans. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high with spray oil. Once hot, add the green beans and cook until crisp – tender and browned in places, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
- COOK THE TEMPEH Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and add spray oil. Shake the excess marinade off the tempeh triangles (save the marinade!) and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Sprinkle tempeh with salt and then add the reserved marinade. Cook, tossing occasionally, until marinade thickens and glazes the tempeh, about 2 to 4 minutes more.
- SERVE AND ENJOY Divide the baby spinach and scallion marinade between large plates or bowls. Top with green beans and pomegranate glazed tempeh. Drizzle everything with garlic sauce.