- 1 kg Mussel
- 1 kg Small Clam Olive Oil spray
- 6 Garlic Cloves peeled-5 chopped
- 1 Tblsp. dried Oregano
- 2 small Dried Chilli’s crumbled
- 600g tin plum tomatoes
- Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g white wine
- 6 Slices sourdough bread
- 3 Tblsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spray a healthy amount of oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan, fry half the chopped garlic, the oregano and chilli.
- Fry to combine and cook the garlic.Stir in the tomatoes with half their juices, breaking them up.Add salt and cook for 20 minutes to reduce to a thickish sauce. Season with pepper.
- In a separate large saucepan with a lid heat up more olive oil spray and add the chopped garlic, letting it colour for a minute, then add the clams, mussels, and wine.Cover and cook, shaking the pan to open the clams, about 3-5 minutes. You may have to do this in batches. Drain the liquid from the clams and pass through a fine sieve.
- Allow the clams and mussels to cool, then remove two-thirds of them from their shells.Add the clam liquid to the tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine and keep hot.Add the clams and mussels, shelled and unshelled, to the soup.
- Test for seasoning.Bring to simmering point, remove and stir in the parsley. Ladle soup into serving dish, then garnish with aioli and serve with a slice of bread (bruschetta)