PREP TME 4 minutes
COOKING TIME 16 minutes
- 5 white corn tortillas (6″) sliced into 1/4″ strips
- 5 C. reduced-sodium (organic) chicken broth
- 1 Whole boneless, skinless chicken breast (12oz.) thinly sliced crosswise.
- 2 Tbsp. of salsa
- 3/4 C. halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 C. of cilantro leaves
Scatter tortilla strips on toaster oven tray. Toast, turning strips occasionally, until aromatic and golden in spots, about 5 minutes. Remove tray from toaster oven and set tortilla strips aside.
Bring broth to a boil in large, heavy pot.
Add chicken, salsa, and grape tomatoes and return to a boil. Immediately remove from heat.To serve, divide tortilla strips and cilantro leaves among 4 bowls, mounding them in the center. Ladle hot soup into bowls and serve.