- 24 ounces chicken thighs, cut
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 ounces pork rinds
- 1/4 cup Bobs Red Mill almond meal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dry chicken off with a paper towel. Cut chicken thighs into bite size chunks and set aside.
- Ina food processor, combine pork rinds, almond meal, flax meal, lime zest, and spices. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add processed crumbs into a bowl, then crack 1 egg in a second bowl. Scramble the egg well until no whites are seen. Add 1-2 Tsp. water if needed.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then dip into the crumb mixture. Coating each side well. Set onto a cookie sheet that is covered with foil and has been sprayed with oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until nuggets are golden brown on the top and the meat is cooked through.
- While cooling the nuggets, put together all of the ingredients for the sauce and mix together well.
- Serve the nuggets with a yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium hass avocado
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cumin