- 200g fish (whole fillet or steak)
- 1 tsp. of soy sauce
- 4 banana leaves
- 1 tsp. of sesame oil
- 2 stems of lemongrass (peeled, then finely sliced)
- 1 tsp. of sugar 4 garlic cloves chopped then crushed
- 1 tsp. of chilli paste
- 1 tsp. of grated fresh turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1 Tblsp. of oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. of onion flakes
- 1 tsp. of fish sauce
- 50g of chopped spring onion
TO MAKE THE MARINATE PASTE:
- Mix lemon grass and garlic then put n blender. Then mix with the turmeric bowl.
- ADD spring onion, oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chilli paste and vegetable oil. MIX WELL.
- Then add fish into the sauce marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and cover.
TO MAKE BANANA LEAF WITHOUT BREAKING:
- Soften the banana leaf over an open flame turning frequently.
- Place 4 banana leaves on top of each other, then add marinated fish into the middle leaves and sprinkle the onion flakes on top. Take 4 layers fold both sides in. Then wrap it up like a parcel.
- Tie it with clip grill or wet string.B.B.Q or grill the parcel of fish for 5 minutes each side or place in thin foil, bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.