Want to take your deviled eggs recipe to the next level? One word: bacon
MAKES 24 SERVINGS
- 12 large eggs
3 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup of fat free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping Tbsp. chopped scallions, plus more scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1″. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely, about 10 minutes; peel. Halve length wise and remove yolks.
- Coarsely chop bacon. Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels. Strain drippings through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Finely mash reserved yolks, bacon fat , mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped scallions in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper with thinly sliced scallions and reserved bacon.