Total Time 5 min
Prep 5 min,
Cook 0 min
Yield 1 cup Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
This Low-Carb Sugar-Free Shrimp Cocktail Sauce recipe is a wonderful option for those watching their carb and sugar intake. Did you know that bottled cocktail sauce can contain as much as 6 grams of sugar in just 1 Tablespoon? Imagine how much you eat with a few shrimp! This recipe can be mixed up in a couple of minutes, and each tablespoon has just 1 gram of sugar (from the tomato), and only 6 calories. This is a basic recipe that can be altered to taste–for example, horseradish varies widely in freshness and potency so you’ll want to adjust for the type you have.
- 1 Cup sugar-free ketchup (I used Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup)
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste Preparation
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together
- 1 Cup sugar-free ketchup (such as Heinz Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup),
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish,
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon Worcestersire sauce and hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste.
- 2. Add more horseradish or hot sauce if desired.
- You can also add a little stevia if that is to your taste.