Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 15 min. Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- about 2 small crowns
- 2 tbsp. of potato starch
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well browned, remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add garlic, shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until no longer lumpy. Combine soy sauce, coconut sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add potato starch mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.